Some Things Can't Wait
What Can Happen if Minor Injuries or Health Issues are Left Untreated
Don’t put off your essential care due to fear of COVID-19! Left untreated, many minor injuries or illnesses can develop into something much more serious. This is doubly true for chronic illnesses that are not being treated properly.
Here is what could happen if common injuries or illnesses are left untreated:
- Untreated Sprain: Untreated sprains can lead to chronic joint instability and pain.
- Untreated Rash: While most rashes are harmless if left untreated, they can be painful and a nuisance.
- Untreated Sinus Infection: Untreated sinus infections can potentially lead to meningitis, brain abscesses, or even bone infections.
- Untreated Pink Eye: Serious cases of pink eye can lead to vision loss if left untreated.
- Untreated Cuts: If the wound doesn’t heal properly, untreated cuts can become infected or fester.
- Untreated Diabetes: Untreated diabetes can lead to heart disease, nerve damage, blindness, kidney failure, and even death.
- Untreated Poison Ivy: Without proper treatment, rashes caused by poison ivy can lead to a bacterial infection.
- Untreated UTI: If you don’t treat a UTI you can potentially develop a kidney infection or permanently damage your kidneys.
- Untreated Yeast Infection: Untreated yeast infections can cause pain and discharge.
- Untreated Earache: Untreated earaches can lead to mastoiditis, hearing loss, perforation of the eardrum, meningitis, and nerve paralysis.
- Untreated Abdominal Pain: Abdominal pain can be a sign of serious medical conditions that can be fatal without treatment.
- Untreated Burns: Pain from burns can become difficult to manage, and burn sites may become infected if they are not properly treated.
- Untreated Asthma: Untreated asthma can lead to permanent damage to the lungs and airways, permanently affecting how well you can breathe.
- Untreated Broken Bones: Untreated fractures can lead to infection, joint problems, or permanent deformity.
If you require refills of essential medications such as insulin, inhaler, blood pressure medication, or if you need to see a doctor for an injury or illness, please come visit your nearest HealthCARE Express or call our virtual visit hotline (877-4-HCE-NOW) so we can make sure you are able to stay healthy!
Don’t put off your wellness. Your health is essential.